Saturday 23 July 2016

Work Work Work!

I have finished the first damp cabin top area and fiberglassed  it. I used a layer of thick mat, followed by bi-axial cloth. I ground a few imperfections out and added more glass and thickened resin. It looks pretty good. When I stand on the roof top it doesn't bow like it did before. I think will be good for a long time. Each balsa square is individually encapsulated. Even if I miss a leak source, it won't be able to spread. Now I need to find a filler substance to fill the air space between the actual roof and the inner liner which varies in distance (nothing to 3/8 of an inch. I could just fill the entire thing but it would be heavy as well as wasteful. A gallon of West System epoxy is 150 dollars!!!

Another shot of the 'puck system"

 

2 comments:

  1. West System makes a "filler" just for this type of application. 407 Low Density or 410 Microlight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use 403. 410 is what I will use to finish. You can sand it.

    ReplyDelete