Saturday, 1 August 2026
Test run break down!
I have a Glendinning mechanical computer that allows you to move one throttle and both engines stay synced. I never use it. When not in use, the throttle cable on the port engine runs to it and a second carries the message to the engine. Seems like a perfect set up for a failure and that is just what happened. The second cable failed while travelling up river in 3 knots of current. I stopped the engine and puttered along at 5 knots until I found a place to stop. I had a pretty good idea what happened so I anchored and lifted the floor board. I grabbed a few tools and unhooked the primary cable and ran it back to the engine. Pulled the failed one off and installed the other. Ten minutes and we were on our way. I think I'm going to get rid of it. KISS. Keep it simple stupid! PS The steering was awesome! what an improvement!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment